If you have ever been in a car accident, you know that there are a plethora of things to consider immediately following the incident. Injuries, emotions and even distractions from the other driver can increase complications in an already difficult scenario. Here are seven things to consider if you are in an automobile accident.
- Determine medical needs– The first concern should always be the well-being of all individuals involved in the accident. If necessary, call 911 and receive medical attention for each party involved.
- Exchange information– Take a few moments to exchange insurance details. Be sure that phone numbers, addresses and policy numbers are written correctly to facilitate accurate and timely claim processing.
- Contact the police– Even if it is a minor accident, call the police. They will file a report that will aid you if legal action is required. They will also secure the accident scene.
- Take pictures– Photographic evidence allows you to capture details that may be forgotten after the accident scene is cleared.
- Contact your insurance company– Do this as quickly as possible after the accident to ensure that the claim process is efficient.
- Don’t sign anything – After the accident, you may be asked to sign a release settlement agreement from the other driver’s insurance company. Do not sign any documents before your attorney has had a chance to review them. They will ensure that what is being offered is the best possible deal.
- Car Repair Process – If you have been in an accident, there’s a good chance your vehicle has been damaged. Take your vehicle into a professional collision center that will repair and restore safety to your vehicle.
After an accident, you need a collision center that you can trust. Turk’s Collision Center located in East Peoria, Illinois is available to provide you with exceptional repair when you need it. We are located in a 13,000 square foot shop with quick turnaround time, shuttle service, paintless dent repair, pick-up and delivery of vehicle, and much more. Call Turk’s Collision Center at (309) 694-2905 or visit our website for more information.