Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) is a specialized process designed to get behind a vehicle’s “skin” (so to speak) and massage dented panels back to their original shape. PDR lets technicians remove hail damage, dings, minor dents, and creases without compromising a vehicle’s factory paint job.
To achieve proper repair, the PDR process requires trained technicians who use a variety of special tools gently and slowly push dings and dents back in place. To achieve a quality repair, a technician must use delicacy, precision, and patience. PDR works best with vehicles hit by hail, dinged by a runaway shopping cart, or a carelessly opened door.
Benefits of Paintless Dent Repair:
- A PDR doesn’t require a vehicle owner to purchase new panels or replacement paint, making it an economic decision.
- A traditional repair requires a series of steps and a waiting period for new parts or new paint. PDR is a specialized, albeit patient, process. While it requires patience from the technician, the finished product usually takes no more than one day.
- The resale value is Boosted. Dents and dings typically decrease the resale value of vehicles, but PDR returns vehicles to the original factory condition without affecting the paint finish. For dealerships, PDR can add significant value to resale vehicles. Applying new paint over a vehicle’s factory finish significantly reduces a vehicle’s resale value, which is why PDR is highly beneficial because it keeps the original finish intact.
- Environmentally friendly. Because the PDR process refrains from using paint in the undertaking, auto body shops reduce the number of harmful chemicals that enter the atmosphere. Another factor is that it takes damaged vehicles and restores them to their original condition, prolongs the vehicle’s lifespan, extending the amount of time you can use it before replacing it. Therefore, it reduces the carbon footprint by keeping you from buying a new vehicle.
Turks Collision is a state-of-the-art automotive body repair shop specializing in collision repair. We strive to be the leading automotive body repair shop in Illinois with excellent workmanship, advanced training, and superb communication with the customer.
Visit our website to learn more about the services of Turk’s Collision Service, such as:
- Our Body Shop Services
- Our Bumper Repair Service
- Our Collision Repair Services
- Our Paintless Dent Repair Services
- And More!
Call us today! (309) 928-7310